Von Urs Keller geschworen am 20. Mai 2000 anlässlich der feierlichen Graduierung zum Master of Science in Clinical Optometry in der Opera von Philadelphia USA.
With full deliberation I freely and solemnly pledge that:
- I will practice the art and science of optometry faithfully and conscientiously, and to the fullest scope of my competence.
- I will uphold and honorably promote by example and action the highest standards, ethics and ideals of my chosen profession, optometry.
- I will provide professional care for those who seek my services, with concern, with compassion and with due regard for their human rights and dignity.
- I will place the treatment of those who seek my care above personal gain and strive to see that none shall lack for proper care.
- I will hold as privileged and inviolable all information entrusted to me in confidence by my patients.
- I will advise my patients fully and honestly of all which may serve to restore, maintain or enhance their vision and general health.
- I will strive continuously to broaden my knowledge and skills so that my patients may benefit from all new and efficacious means to enhance the care of human vision.
- I will share information cordially and unselfishly with my fellow optometrists and other professionals for the benefit of patients and the advancement of human knowledge and welfare.
- I will do my utmost to serve my community, my country and humankind as a citizen as well as an optometrist.
- I hereby commit myself to be steadfast in the performance of this my solemn oath and obligation.